We look forward to the opportunity to assist you in booking your hotel in Sinaia. Hotels Sinaia is your online guide for finding the best hotel rates in the city, including for exploring your destination before visiting.
Whether visiting for business or pleasure, our easy and secure online booking service will ensure you a pleasant stay in Sinaia - home to Peles Castle, one of Europe's most beautiful castles!
⚫Hotels - Find great deals on hotels in Sinaia, Romania.
⚫Attractions - List of the most famous places you must see while being in Sinaia.
⚫Nearby Attractions - What to do and see near Sinaia.
⚫Eating out - Find the perfect restaurant to dine in Sinaia.
⚫Transportation - Find out the best way to get around.
⚫ Sinaia Hotel Map - Check out the hotel map to browse through your favorite hotels.
Location: Central South Romania, in Muntenia region
Elevation: 767-860 meters
Climate: continental, sub-Alpine climate
Total Population: about 10,000 inhabitants
• The name of the city comes from Mount Sinai in Egypt and dates back from the 17th century when a Romanian nobleman built a monastery in Sinaia
• Sinaia is one of the oldest and most popular mountain resorts in Romania, both during summer and winter and it is known also as "The Pearl of the Carpathians"
• There are several personalities and famous people who lived in Sinaia, like Mihai I (King of Romania), Prince Nicolae of Romania or Carol the II of Romania and George Enescu
• In the area surrounding Sinaia, there are mineral water springs and the climate favors plenty of health benefits for the human body
• Sinaia is one of Prahova Valley’s mountain resorts, located at 120 kilometers from Bucharest and 44 kilometers from Brasov
• Sinaia is famous first of all for its touristic meaning, it is an important mountain resort in Romania, but it is well-known also for Peles Castle (the summer residence of King Carol I of Romania), Sinaia Monastery or the Casino in Sinaia
• There are several ski slopes in Sinaia, but also trekking and ski trails in Bucegi mountains
• Hotels in Sinaia are modern and traditional, so depending on your preferences you can choose a pension or a guesthouse to stay at, or a modern hotel that provides also other facilities like spa or outdoor activities
• Getting to Sinaia from Bucharest by car takes around one hour and a half on E60, but the resort can also be reached by train, as the railway station in Sinaia is located very close to the city center, behind Sinaia Casino
• The closest airport to Sinaia is Henri Coanda International Airport in Otopeni and there are some hotels in Sinaia that provide transportation from the airport, but you can also rent a car at the airport or take a taxi
• Romanian is the official language spoken in Sinaia, but English is also quite common for the foreign tourists
• The currency in Sinaia is the Romanian Leu but there are exchange offices in the area where you can get Lei from your currency
Sinaia is a town and mountain resort in Romania's Prahova County, and it is named after Sinaia Monastery, around which it was built and which was named after the Biblical Mount Sinai.
Sinaia is home to Peles Castle, perhaps, its most famous attraction, placed among Europe's most beautiful castles, which serves as the summer home of King Carol I of Romania. ▸more
» Because it is one of the most renowned vacation spots in Romania;
» It is a place that inspires history, culture and relaxation;
» It is home to some of the most beautiful castles in the world;
» It is perfect for romantic getaways.
If you're into skiing, the perfect time to visit Sinaia is, of course, during the winter season, when the snow is just perfect for enjoying such recreational activity. The skiing season starts in December and, depending on weather moods, could very much last up until May.
Whether an expert or just beginning, skiing can be enjoyed here by enthusiasts of all ages and skill levels. Experts would, perhaps, like to try Carp, which is the most difficult ski ramp in Sinaia, less difficult being Valea Dorului, Vanturis and Turistica. Beginners can easily ski on Drumul Vechi and Poiana Stanii Regale.
For hiking-enthusiasts, the resort is great throughout all seasons, although, during winter and bad weather it is not a good idea to explore, unless you are an experienced hiker. Be sure to be propery equipped, regardless of the season.
Photography enthusiasts should keep in mind that, although, Sinaia is a beautiful place during all seasons, it is especially charming during Fall, when everything is covered in colorful, rusty leaves, making it a wonderful setting for a memorable vacation experience.
So pack your bags, book your hotel and enjoy the best vacation ever !